18 Apr Online CNA Classes
There are many people who choose to do CNA training course because they see it as a stepping stone for further study in the medical field. If working in the healthcare industry has been a passion of yours, then taking CNA classes online could be the right option for you.
Going Online of Offline?
In the past, there was only one way to get your CNA education: the classroom. For many people, this meant that the road to becoming a CNA would involve great sacrifice. Time away from home and work was a common occurrence and an expected aspect of the process of entering this profession. Thankfully, it no longer has to be this way. You can take back the power and control by looking into online CNA classes. Instead of having to decide when you go into class, you can enroll in an online CNA program. There’s plenty of online CNA schools out there, giving you plenty of options to choose from. If you’re still researching the best option for getting the best CNA education possible, there are a few things you need to keep in mind in order to get the best experience possible.
Taking CNA training classes in a classroom environment may work better for other people. Because there is a lot of hands-on course work where you will need to use different types of devices, materials, and procedures, many find that the classroom environment is better suited to their way of learning. Being able to ask questions during class is also possible and conferring with other classmates can also help if this is the way that you study best.
One factor to consider about the CNA training classes is that there is a required number of hours that must be spent doing practical work in a clinic. This means that you conduct supervised field work in a health care environment. Perhaps you will need to carry this out in an old-age home, hospital or even a private home. Whatever the case, be sure that your course work specifies the number of hours that must be undertaken and where the practical work will be carried out.
First, you must decide up front if you’re actually the right type of person to take online CNA classes. If you’re someone that is against learning new technology, then an online CNA class may not be the best approach. One common mistake a lot of newcomers make as they consider online education is that they fail to realize the level of computerization their education has approached. If you are the type of learner that can only learn effectively sitting face to face with the instructor, then any advantage that you gain in an online CNA class would be countered by the struggles involved in adapting to being without that face to face interaction. Understanding what your strengths and weaknesses are within education is key to deciding whether or not online CNA classes are the best option.
Requirements for Online CNA Classes
In this era of information technology, pursuing programs for a career is not limited to the conventional classes and universities. The option as online learning is getting popular day by day. Especially, those working adults who cannot manage the time for scheduled classes or can’t quit their jobs for getting enrolled in a program seek the distance mode of learning i.e. online classes. The programs for becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is also available, especially targeted to those compassionate fellows who wanted to pursue the program but finding it difficult to attend the traditional classes. However, as all the programs, there are some requirements the aspirants are required to meet prior enrolling in such online classes. This article further elaborates all the requirements.
The requirements that you need to meet prior enrolling in an online CNA program are given below:
- You must be 18 years old or above while enrolling to such classes because the certification exams conducted by state set this requirement as a primary thing. Thus, the programs also seek the same requirement to be fulfilled.
- You must be free from all forms of felonies prior to the certification; however same condition may not prevail in all the states. Some state may consider the convicted students who already had undergone the appropriate legal processes.
- You must be free from all kinds of communicable and/or highly contagious disease as presence of such disease may affect your performance during the practical hands-on sessions and may be harmful to patients and other working staffs at the training medical facility.
- It is necessary to have a working pc with internet connection for pursuing an online degree. Thus, you must ensure the access to the internet prior enrolling into an online class for becoming a CNA.
- The students must be able to attend the required amount of learning hours. They must complete seventy-five hours of learning sessions and sixteen hours of clinical sessions and thus should ensure their availability.
Once the above requirements are met, you can enroll in an appropriate online program to become a CNA, but only enrolling into classes wouldn’t help. Like traditional classes, you need to show the same level of dedication and hard work. The certification exams to be attended after the completion of the training program entail testing of each and every unit learned in the training program. Thus, even a small lesson becomes important. In addition to that, good efforts on study work will help to shape your career well.
Choosing the Right CNA Class Online
Next, you will want to look at some pretty distinct criteria for choosing the right set of online CNA classes to take. There are plenty of choices to choose from, and you’ll need to determine a set of criteria ahead of time in order to narrow them down.
The first criteria are definitely accreditation. Every CNA professional should have career advancement as a top priority, and if you do not choose an accredited school, it will be definitely to pursue higher levels of nursing education. In addition, an accredited school has another benefit: it is more likely to cover the certification requirements for your state than a school that has no accreditation behind it. Be sure to check very carefully; if necessary, you can always call the school and ask questions. It is safe to be wary of a school that does not allow you to seek out this vital piece of information, since it’s surely a sign that the school is not accredited at all.
The second criteria that you will need to keep in mind is time. If you are on a strict timetable for accomplishing your goal of becoming a CNA, you may want to choose a class that has a shorter overall course length. However, if you can afford any time flexibility at all, you will want to select a longer course that gives you more time to really digest the information presented.
The third criteria are the school’s ability to connect you with the appropriate amount of hands on experience. In order to successfully pass the CNA course, you will usually have to complete a minimum amount of hours in an actual clinical setting. The best schools do not force you to go on your own to find welcoming facilities for students; they should already have plenty of associations with local facilities in your area that you can gain experience at.
Which States Allow Online CNA Training?
There are currently only 9 states in US that allow CNA training to be done online- Colorado, Kansas, Kentucky, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon and South Dakota.
All other states- Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, DC, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West-Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming do not offer state approved online CNA programs.
You can find state approved online CNA classes below:
Compass Nursing Arts (Partially Online)
108 West Baseline Rd
Lafayette, CO 80026
Allied Health Career Training LLC
2622 W Central B112
Wichita, KS 67203
Midwestern College – Overland Park
9545 W 87 Street
Overland Park, KS 66212
Allen County Community College
1801 N Cottonwood
Iola, KS 66759
Pratt Community College
348 NE SR 61
Pratt KS 67124
Butler Community College
110 E 21 St
Andover, KS 67042
Neosho Community College
800 W 14 ST
Chanute KS 66720
Health Education Center
3903 Vantage Place
Louisville, KY 40299
Preferred Futures Healthcare Academy
234 NW 41 Rd
Warrensburg, MO 64801
Meds-Medical Educational Development and Support
1425 S Noland Rd
Independence, MO 64106
MO Association of Nursing Home Administration
4100 Country Club
Jefferson City, MO 65109
Miles Community College
2715 Dickinson St,
Miles City, MT 59301
Care One Health Training Institute
319 Chapanoke Road, Suite 104,
Raleigh, North Carolina 27603
Lake Region State College (Hybrid)
1801 College Drive North
Devils Lake, ND 58301
1 (800) 443-1313
Williston State College
1410 University Drive
Williston, ND 58802
Caregiver Training Institute
12790 SE Stark St Suite 100
Portland, OR. 97233
3900 W Avera Drive
Sioux Falls, SD 57108
Things To Keep In Mind For Online CNA Classes
If you are motivated to become a CNA but don’t have enough time to attend the classes or cannot afford to quit the running job, then signing up with online classes may be the right option for you. As because, for enrolling into an online nursing assistant degree, you don’t need to follow the learning schedules fixed by institutions but can design your own learning schedule according to your daily schedule. You can choose to take classes from home at any time you choose, be that be in the evening or at dawn or in the morning times. However, while enrolling into online classes you need to prepare yourself. Following points will help you to get prepared for online classes:
- The first and foremost thing you need to prepare is to make sure that your PC is in well working condition. Also make sure that your internet connection is working at the right speed.
- You should be proficient with the email and internet browsing skills. Be prepared to search or find things easily in the internet without investing unnecessary time. Also, managing the folders in your PC will also help you to decrease the time to access the information and other study resource materials.
- You should be prepared to face the challenging deadlines for submitting your assignments. Do not try to run away from the deadlines but make necessary preparations beforehand. Every assignment in CNA course is equally important, thus you should be ever ready to complete each task on time.
- Good study skills and skills to analyze the studied information is also necessary for home learning. You will not get instructors or professors at home, thus making yourself able to analyze and interpret the information independently is more important. For these skills to develop, you can read self-help books or similar reading materials from the internet. Also, practicing to write will also help to increase the analytical skills. Nevertheless, you will realize your skills from the past education history.
- The most important thing, above all, is to manage your daily schedule so that you get enough time for study. Allocate equal time on regular basis and do not compromise on your study hours to complete the other task, unless very important.